Our Skin of the Season Body Oil is specially formulated to nourish and moisturize your skin. Our unique blend of oils helps to lock in moisture and provide a luxurious feel that'll leave you feeling refreshed and hydrated. Enjoy softer, healthier skin and the perfect finish for any season.
WHAT IS BODY OIL USED FOR?
Now that you have a better understanding of what body oil is and how it’s different from body lotion, let’s take a look at the benefits of body oil and what it’s used for.
PROVIDE DEEP HYDRATION
One of the most noticeable, immediate benefits of body oil is deep hydration. Body oils that are formulated with natural botanical oils and emollients, like our body oil are used to provide deep hydration. They are also rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that revive very dry skin and improve elasticity, especially when used regularly over time.
SEAL IN MOISTURE
Body oil has occlusive properties that make it especially useful for sealing in moisture. Body oil does an amazing job of sealing in moisture that’s already there, such as when your skin is damp after a shower or bath. Body oil can also be used to seal in and enhance the moisturizing effects of your body lotion.
NOURISH AND PROTECT WITH ANTIOXIDANTS
Many natural botanical oils used in body oil contain powerful antioxidants that nourish the skin and protect it from free radical damage. Vitamins A, C, and E are often found in these oils and offer amazing benefits for boosting collagen production and fighting premature ageing.
SMOOTH AND SOFTEN SKIN
Natural botanical oils are amazing for smoothing and softening the skin because they imitate the natural lipids that are already present in our skin barrier. Lipids fill in the gaps between our skin cells that are caused by lack of moisture, thereby creating a softer and smoother surface. Lipids also trap moisture in the skin, reducing dryness, flakiness, and scaly patches immediately and over time.
HOW TO USE BODY OIL
The best way to use body oil is to apply it immediately after a shower. Simply put a few drops in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to warm the oil, and massage it into your warm, damp skin. You’ll be left with skin that’s deeply moisturized, with a healthy, radiant glow.
That being said, there really isn’t a wrong way to use body oil. Here are a few more ways you can incorporate body oil into your daily routine for amazing results.
- If you’re looking to save some time, try applying body oil right in the shower as the last step in your routine. It’s a great way to counteract the drying effects of cleansing and warm water. Just be careful not to overdo it because the oil could make the shower floor slippery!
- Another smart way to use body oil is to apply it before your shower. This is especially beneficial if you suffer from extremely dry or compromised skin. The body oil will create a barrier between the warm water and your skin, helping to minimize moisture loss.
- You can also apply body oil before you shave. It will protect the skin against razor burn and help you get a closer, smoother shave.
- The high-quality plant oils used in many body oils smell amazing. Try adding a few drops to your bath water for a luxurious fragrance and deep moisturization.
- Try adding a few drops of body oil to your body lotion. It will not only amp up the moisturizing effects but also leave your skin with a healthy, radiant glow.
- Give those extra dry areas a little extra TLC by massaging in a few drops of body oil. Dry elbows, knees, heels, and cuticles will all benefit from a body oil’s deeply hydrating effects. You’ll notice immediate improvements that increase with repeated application